WordPress is just one of the many things I check in the morning on my phone. My attempt to limit my attachment to technology is failing miserably but I have a new plan that will be revealed soon…it will be attempt #57 to cut or at least limit my technology time.
Anyways, that’s not where I was originally going with this post.
When I checked my WordPress notifications this morning I was surprised to see I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award!!!! I immediately began to prepare my acceptance speech 😀 Here are the guidelines I used to craft my acceptance speech.
The Versatile Blogger Award rules!
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link back to the post on your site announcing their nomination.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I want to thank miusho at Emotional luggage for the nomination. I know this isn’t part of the awards but one of the posts that drew me to her blog was communication, which really encouraged me to start communicating more with fellow bloggers. I used to go through and like posts but never say anything so I now try to comment more.
Now for the nominations. The downside to nominating 15 blogs is there’s so many great blogs out there I love to read so it’s tough to narrow down to 15 but here goes:
1. The Keen Peach
2. Problems with Infinity
3. Quitters Never Win
4. The Unmarked Road
5. Babeta Runs
7. My Goodness
8. Indisposed & Undiagnosed
9. Writing with Light
10. Get Fit, Get Fabulous
11. The Twenty Something Social Recluse
12. In Noir Velvet
13. Dream Big, Dream Often
15. The Persistent Platypus
I highly recommend checking these blogs out. I didn’t know when I started how much blogging would play into my lifestyle change. The ability to share my journey with others is an amazing experience and the support has really helped me stay in a positive state of mind. I appreciate all the reads, follows, likes, and comments. Thank you! ❤
That concludes my acceptance speech so let’s see what I can come up with for 7 facts about me.
1. My name is Tasha. My friends and I had secret names in high school to write notes (before texting 😛 ) so if the notes were ever discovered no one would know who originally wrote the note. My secret name was Daisy. My best friends were Rainbow and Dandelion.
2. I used to smoke off and on for almost 15 years, finally quit for good 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago (according to the app on my phone). I still get cravings when I get stressed but I know the idea of a cigarette is better than the actual cigarette would be so I resist and honestly the cravings are almost completely gone.
3. I’m obsessed…well, not obsessed but I’m an enthusiastic Marilyn Monroe fan.
4. Not to be too self-promoting (but it’s inevitable as someone looking to gain exposure) I also have a poetry blog and a photography blog. The poetry blog allows me to express some of my darker and more random emotions. The photography blog began as a way to show a portfolio for an editor now I just keep it up so I can possibly get more work in that field…and I love taking pictures.
5. I love vinyl records and have a record player I use often. I scour thrift shops and yard sales to add to my collection which is right now over 300 records! 😮 I love Disney albums, especially with the books, and movie or musical soundtracks, plus classic rock, and a little bit of everything else.
6. I collect antique and first edition books. Some of my older books are from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
7. I have a cat named James (named after James Dean) and he’s polydectal so his paws look like he has thumbs. 🐱