I was out playing in the woods all day and came home to find Angela at The Keen Peach nominated me for The Creative Blogger Award. Thanks so much! I love awards! You’ve been such a great supporter to me on my journey and I can’t express enough how much I appreciate your kind words 🙂 Thank you!
Onto the acceptance speech….
When I first started my blog I really just felt like I needed a way to find my voice again, to find a way back to myself after losing such a large part of my identity. I wanted a place to write out what was happening and how I was feeling. I was in such a strange place emotionally I needed an outlet, an anonymous place to release my feelings otherwise I was afraid I would have a complete breakdown.
The blogging community became a huge part of my support system, cheering me on when I wanted to quit, offering support when I want to try new things, even just following, commenting, or liking really helped keep me going and continues to encourage me to do more. Thank you to all of you!
Speech done, onto the rules….
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
It’s going to be tough to come up with things I didn’t use for the Versatile Blogger award but let’s see what I can do.
1. I thrive on creativity and the arts. Most of you already know I do photography, if not read through any of my last 5-6 posts or check out my photography blog or Facebook page 😉 I also dabble in drawing but it’s more doodling, something to keep me from mindlessly snacking on the occasions I actually stop long enough to sit and watch TV.
2. I’m a crazy cat lady…well, not completely but I do love my cat. It’s just him and I right now so he’s pretty spoiled. This is him curled up on my shoulder while we lay on the couch reading. I love this pic because he looks so happy 🐱
3. I still love coffee in the morning but I have become a tea fanatic usually drinking at least 2 cups a day. I get super excited when I find new teas to try, especially anything with peach, ginger, or coconut.
4. Most of the time I keep things until they completely fall apart or stop working. My laptop is about 8 years old. My camera is 4 years old. My car is about 18 years old. I’m definitely not one to always go for the latest greatest if it still works I’m keeping it.
5. Purple is my favorite color.
6. I have post it notes in my office with random classical songs I’ve heard on Pandora that I love.
Erik Satie, Gymnopedie For Piano No. 1 (Short and beautiful)
Sergy Rachmanihov, Piano Concerto No.2 in C Minor, Op.18 (My favorite part is about 9:45)
Nat King Cole, Stardust (This one almost always brings me to tears)
7. To fit in with the awards theme, I’m a huge awards show fan. The Emmys, The Grammys, Critic’s Choice Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and the ultimate awards show, The Oscars. I love the show and the red carpet before the show. I’m no fashionista but I love to see (and judge) all the celebrity dresses.
One of my favorite things about these awards is nominating other bloggers. I want to nominate everyone because you’re all creative people who put out your words for the world to see and I think that’s amazing. I am going to limit myself to 7, I figure 7 facts, 7 nominations.
I know some of you have already been nominated but not by me 😀
Cheryl at four camels and a coffee to go (Saw you’re an award free blog but wanted to give you a shout out anyways)