One more quick post before I take my desk apart.
My apartment is starting to feel new again, which is a good sign. It means all these days of slaving away will help me get some of my deposit back….hopefully. I’m not super keen on the whole rental business right now and worry about them charging me for every little thing but I really think the place looks amazing, especially considering I’ve lived here for 8 years! 😮
I just can’t believe in a couple more days I’ll be locking this place up for the last time. I’m trying not to get too sentimental but I did get a little teary eyed after my haircut yesterday. I might need to have a good cry so I don’t have a full on emotional breakdown when everyone shows up to move me.
It’s the little things reminding me everything is changing and running errands yesterday reminded me in a few days I’ll be living in a whole new city.
To help alleviate some of my anxiety I decided to write about the top reasons why I’m looking forward to moving:
- Exploring new trails-I can’t wait to get settled into my place and start planning adventures. I know there’s parks in the area but I just need to research to find out which ones are good so I can get out walking again. I’ll start with the city parks and work into weekend adventures to the state parks. In the meantime I will be taking advantage of my apartment complex’s fitness room.
- Closer to friends and family-A con is I’m further away from my parents and grandpa 😥 The pro is I have a few friends in the area plus tons of family! Aunts, uncles, and more cousins than I can count! It’ll make me feel less alone when I know I have people I can turn to if I need help or just someone to hang out with sometimes.
- Decorating a new place-I settle quickly so probably after the first week of work I will be decorating. When I moved here a maintenance guy came in to do some work and he asked how long I’d lived here. He was shocked when I told him a week because I had pictures on all the walls and no boxes anywhere. I like to do my best to make a new place feel like home.
- New job-I’m so excited to get started in this new career. I’m nervous, extremely nervous but can’t wait to take on the challenges this new job will present. This is what I’ve been working for and I still struggle to believe it’s real but after seeing my office (yes, I have my own office!) I know it’s real. Not sure if I shared this already but I found out my boss is from this side of the state and actually knows my best friends family 😮 It’s a small world after all……
- Meeting new people-This is a big one. More people, new job, new city, means more opportunities to meet people. Here I feel like I know so many people and I’m going to miss some of them but I’m also looking forward to meeting new people because it opens up the possibility of new opportunities…maybe even dating 😉
Now it’s time to take my desk apart and curtains down. I think those are the last of the tasks for the day but I might run a couple errands before dinner or I might just wait until early in the morning. I’m doing outside window cleaning early tomorrow morning when it’s not 96 degrees outside. It sucks that it’s supposed to be so hot this weekend but it’s better than trying to move in the winter especially when the drive involves going over a mountain pass.
This has really been enough of a break…back to work for me.