Sleep has been elusive for me over the last week. I’m still in the state where I’m exhausted but I feel like I have so much to do that I can’t possibly go to sleep even though my body is crying for it. As I walked through my apartment this morning without tripping over things and seeing only 3 boxes I realize the end is slowly approaching. For working a full week I think the unpacking process is going pretty well but like I said I hate living in chaos and really like to know the location of all my stuff.
Last night when I pushed the laundry basket across the room like a toddler throwing a tantrum because it wouldn’t fit where I wanted it to fit in the closet I began to think about all the other signs that lead me to believe I might need to try to sleep in this weekend.
- I had a fight with a laundry basket yesterday but I’m about 80% sure I won.
- I drank a venti quad shot latte (for those that don’t speak coffee, a giant coffee with 4 shots of espresso) and still wanted to curl up under my desk to take a nap.
- I’m exhausted but when my alarm went off at 5 instead of 6 I couldn’t get back to sleep because I was so scared of then oversleeping
- I also woke up at 4AM for reasons unknown but I’m blaming James the Cat
- Speaking of James the Cat I might have called him a “fluffy ball of evil” and “the whiniest cat in the world” yesterday when I came home from work because he wanted some attention and I just wanted to lay on my bed in an attempt to tune out the world…Sorry, James 🐱
- I almost gave up on doing my hair this morning because the cord on the flatiron was tangled.
- I nearly cried when I found a box with more books, still can’t figure out how all these books fit on the shelves before, it’s like I somehow accumulated more books along the way.
- I got lost on the way home yesterday. I want to blame being new to the area but it’s 2 turns.
- The thought of interacting with people today feels like it will be a serious challenge. I’m kind of amazed I’ve been able to write this long of a post considering I’ve been staring out the window half the time trying to summon up some energy.
- Because I’m tired!!!
The bright side is I have successfully moved across the state with a cat, began the process of settling into a new apartment and city, plus started on a whole new career path….not too shabby for one week. Okay, so the efforts to get here took a considerable amount of time but the final steps to get here happened pretty quick.
Tomorrow marks one week in my new life! I’m happy to be back writing and will be catching up on some blog reading this weekend plus sleeping in, enjoying a big breakfast, and hosting the first visitor to my new place!
Now that I’m working again I remember why everyone likes Friday so much, lol. Happy Friday!! 😀